Versagel SQ is a great additive or substitute in both oil-based formulas and emulsions. Versagel SQ is a gelled squalane product, which is naturally present in the skin lipid barrier and is an ingredient known for its exceptional moisturizing abilities and its ability to penetrate the skin to deliver benefits. Like jojoba, it closely mimics the body’s natural moisturizers and is absorbed quickly and effectively, without leaving greasy reside on the skin. Squalane is a non-GMO, plant-derived ingredient and Versagel SQ is a high quality replacement for shark and olive squalene. It is derived from plant sugar, is ECOCERT approved, and is readily biodegradable as well.
• Non polar, colorless and odorless liquid
• Stable to oxidation, heat, cold and UV
• Easily incorporated into emulsions
• Compatible with most cosmetic ingredients
• Spreads easily and is rapidly absorbed into the epidermis
• Highly moisturizing, softens and soothes
• Creates very elegant textures
• Leaves the skin smooth without a greasy, sticky or heavy after-feel
*Data provided pertains to pure Neossance® Squalane, not in gelled form
Versagel SQ is a versatile ingredient which works well in skin care, sun care and baby care. In skin care, it helps to facilitate an even distribution of the active sunscreen ingredients. In baby care, it softens the skin and is easily absorbed. In makeup, it facilitates the even application of products such as lipsticks, foundations, and hot-poured products such as lip balms, glosses and gels. It also is a useful ingredient in hair care products, as it lends a soft after-feel to shampoos, conditioners and styling products.