The baking industry requires a highly refined white mineral oil to function as a release agent in various types of process equipment. A colorless, odorless, tasteless white mineral oil must be used in dough handling machinery where the oil comes in contact with the dough.
Multi-pocket, high capacity dough dividers, and roll or bun machines require a white mineral oil which is free from other oils or adulterants, and free or nearly free from fluorescence. The application of oil to the pockets, hopper, chutes or knives of a dough divider and on roll machines serves the dual purpose of preventing adhesion of the dough and inhibiting rust formation.
- Meets FDA 21 CFR 172.878 covering direct use in food, and FDA 21 CFR 178.3620 covering indirect use in food
- Meets FDA limitation of 0.15% based on total weight of bakery products
- Non-caloric and easy to clean up
- Less likely to become rancid and develop odors compared to animal or vegetable oils
- GMO and BSE free
- Kosher, Halal, and Vegan certified